Ever wondered where is what at Simonskloof?
Often we’re asked in an e-mail:
- How far is Faraway cottage from Orange or Eric’s Place?
- Are the cottages private and have un-interrupted views?
- Where does the Gecko Trail start?
- How far is it to the rock pool or to the Jetty of the Farm dam?
- Where’s the campsite and where does one Abseil or go kloofing?
- How far is it to Langdam or Nuy Vallei (the other ends/starts of the Gecko Trail)?
So here you go indulge in a couple of GOOGLE-EARTH images from close-up to a perfect overview (2’000 – 25’000m above the earth) to get a good look at Simonskloof Mountain Retreat.
If the images still leave you puzzled, here the stats in metres, as the crow flies and by (foot/car):
Eric’s Place to Campsite: 160m (170m/515m)
Eric’s to Orange Cottage: 450m (540m/770m)
Campsite to Orange: 300m (370m/580m)
Orange to Faraway: 180m (250m/550m)
As an indicator it takes roughly 1-2min to walk 100m…
Hence looking at the differences of foot to car, it’s a “no-brainer”, that once you are at Simonskloof, you’ll keep the car keys in your pocket and WALK 🙂 !
Which brings me to the next announcement: Autumn/Winter/Spring is HIKING season!!!
So, see you soon at Simonskloof – Boots and All!