Down to Earth and Eco-friendly Camping at Simonskloof.
The Campsites are spread out around a big over 280 year old oak tree. Most sites are very private, shaded and have vehicle access and their own spring water taps.
- 8 individual private campsites of different shapes and sizes (30 people max.)
- 6 water points with excellent spring water
- Pit-braais at all sites (Wood for sale, bring your own grid)
- 3 Bush style showers, 2 with hot water via “donkey-boilers” (Wood for sale)
- 3 Eco friendly compost toilets (Please bring your own loo-paper, just in case)
- Keep rubbish to a minimum & recycling – (`Please bring your own rubbish bags)
- NO ELECTRICITY nor Cellphone reception
- 2 min walk from farm dam – Due to drought VERY LOW! – NO Fishing!
- 15 min hike to little rock pools in the mountain
- Well behaved (spade & neutered!) dogs on leashes are welcome
- No electronic music nor generators allowed – experience the silence
- 2-Man Cape Epic Tents for rent
Ideal for the nature loving campers and 4×4’s but NOT recommended for caravans due to absence of electrical points and steep access.
No problem with a normal car!
Site allocation is made on arrival and subject to size of group and length of stay.