Named after my late granddad Erich Reschke, Erics Place, the original old farm house was his home for 19 years. Renovated in 1999, Eric’s Place now offers down to earth, self catering accommodation painted it in happy bright colours with timber floors and clay tiles in the kitchen. It has a big veranda with a hammock, large table and a triple ground braai (BBQ). Only a 5 min walk from farm dam – No fishing. Awesome views are complimentary and so is the free early morning rooster call to add to the farm atmosphere, while the tortoise mow the grass in front.
- 3 Bedrooms, sleeps 6: 2 doubles/twin and 2 single beds
with pure cotton duvet covers
- Spacious lounge with Queen Ann stove (suitable for small yoga workshops)
- Bathroom with hot shower, toilet and basin.
- Awesome outside bath tub (cold water only)
- Solar heated water with gas back-up
- Spacious dining room with a round table seating 8
- Kitchen with all the “down to earth mod cons” e.g. coffee plunger, wine glasses, fridge/freezer, large 6 plate gas stove/oven and of course plenty of pot and pans
- Plenty of excellent spring water & little herb garden
- Outside braai (BBQ) with grids and a crate of free & dry fire wood
- 10-20 min hike to little rock pools in the mountain
- Well-behaved (fixed) dogs with leash are welcome (not on furniture please)
- No electronic music please – experience the silence.
- Ample candles & solar lanterns but NO ELECTRICITY!
Dinner, Bed + Breakfast (Not available until further notice, sorry.)
For small groups of 4-6 persons we also offer Dinner, Bed & Breakfast. A unique African-Swiss cuisine prepared on the open fire and naturally served by candlelight. The morning air filled with the aroma of freshly-ground coffee, wood fire baked bread and the chant of the birds will provide a perfect start for an enjoyable day out in the mountains.