Our most remote – faraway – self catering farm cottage with awesome views down Simonskloof (…valley).
Perfect down to earth, rustic cottage for one or two couples or a little family.
A 10 min walk to the farm dam for swimming, but NO fishing.
- 2 Bedrooms, sleeps 4: 1 queen size bed with a goose down duvet and pure cotton linen, 2 single beds with pure cotton duvet covers.
- Kitchen with basic cutlery and crockery, coffee plunger and wine glasses, 2 plate gas stove and under-counter fridge/freezer
- Dinning/lounge with couch and a wood fired Dover (stove & oven)
- Solar heated water with gas back up
- Shower and toilet and basin inside
- Awesome bathtub outside (cold water only)
- Cool veranda with hammock
- Pit-braai (BBQ) with grid and tongs and a free crate of wood
- Plenty of excellent spring water
- 15 min walk to our little farm dam – Due to 2017 drought currently EMPTY!
- 30 min hike to little rock pools in the mountain
- Well-behaved dogs with leash are welcome (not on furnitures please)
- No electronic music please – experience the silence.
- Plenty of candles & solar lanterns but NO ELECTRICITY!
- Hiking and MTB trails start on your door step!
Nothing disturbs you at Faraway Cottage, the silence is deafening and the sky full of stars. Perfect to rest, relax and recharge. The outside bath tub invites you to cool off in a truly unique setting.