- Bushwhacking through karoo and fynbos
- Abseiling* down shear rock faces
- Boulder-hopping under the blazing sun
- Swimming through icy water
- Bivouacking under beautiful moonlit skies
- Cooking over an open fire
- Fully catered and professionally guided
It’s Kloofing* the Nuy River Gorge!
*Abseiling & Kloofing are internationally known as Rappelling & Canyoneering… but well, local is lekker!
· Small personal group size of 6-8 participants.
· No previous abseil experience needed.
· No compulsory High Jumps!
· Ideal for novices as well as the experienced.
· Participants are required to sign an indemnity form.
· Guided trips can be arranged to suite your needs
· Advanced booking is essential.
“All in 1 Day”
A similar route as the Classic Option, including 3-4 abseils boulder-hopping, swimming, karoo bush whacking. Lunch and guiding all included. We start at 08:00 and finish with a well-deserved ice-cold beer at about 16:00 – 18:00 depending on fitness of group…
Not compulsory, however we do recommend that you stay over the night prior your trip allowing your self to arrive and soak up the scenery – several options are available – see: accommodation
“2 Day Classic”
Starting on a Friday evening with a “carbo-loading” dinner, safety briefing** and overnight stay in shared twin bedrooms at Simonskloof Mountain Retreat. The next day we’ll hike to the gorge and abseil and scramble down to the river then “kloof”, swim our way to the overnight site for (in-)escapable jumps into mountain pools and dinner cooked on a open fire. On the third day we’ll be exploring and boulder hopping upriver all the way to the top of the Nuy River Gorge. By late afternoon (16:00-18:00) we’ll be back at Simonskloof Mountain Retreat, for a well-done-drink and you can opt for the mouth watering braai until deep into the night and sleep over another night at the Mt. Retreat, or head slowly back to civilisation…
“On your Own”
The gorge is your kingdom… From the top down or bottom up. Choose your own kloofing route. Over night or do the fast one. We’ll supply map and some advice –if you want- you’ll bring the rest. This option is for the experienced Kloofers only. Check ALL waters before jumping into pools!
What some “Kloofers” had to say:
– What an INSANE spot, can’t wait to come back – Dave – The first Kiwi to negotiate the Nuy River Gorge, definitely one of the Best!!! – Kay G. – The most challenging experience of my life. I found my self doing things beyond my limits, discovering muscles I didn’t know I had… – Stephanie – I’ve wondered about the Nuy River Gorge Kloofing for so long, but this exceeded expectation, very special! Fiona – OutThere Magazine
Liabilities (the small print):
- This is an Adventure activity participants will be required to sign an indemnity form before hand.
- Participants join entirely at they own risk.
- Participants have to be medically fit, in good health and fair state of physical fitness.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to be adequately insured.
- In the event of injury, accident or illness, all costs arising including rescue service, airlifts, hospital fee’s, ambulance service, doctor fee’s, or any related medical expenses are solely the participants responsibility.
- The organiser, guides or employees cannot be held responsible for any injury, loss of life or damage howsoever caused.
**We are actively supporting: “Leave No Trace – Out Door Ethics” (take OUT what you take IN…)