Here a growing list of interesting links to websites of places and businesses we enjoy:
- Blue Sky Organics – THE Organic Olive and Chilly farm in the Klein Karoo!
- Eco Atlas – SA’s all-inclusive ethical directory: Find places to eat, shop & stay.
- Ethical Co-op – Organic market online – Get your organic veggies HERE!
- Faithful to Nature – Organic online shop – From food & cosmetics to clothing.
- Global Worming – Wormfarmers since 1999. Suppliers of Worms, Organic Fertilizers and Worm Farms.
- Green Times – South Africa’s Green News portal since 2009, read about the good, the bad and the ugly of our everyday environmental life – a wake-up call just in time.
- HelpX – Volunteering, help exchange on farms and others worldwide.
- Soil for Life – Build the Soil, Grow your Food and Heal the Planet.
- WWOOF SA – The other WWOOF website – membership fee required.
TRAVEL & Activities:
- Cape Nature – Our provincial conservation organisation.
- Karoo Biking – BMW Motorcycle Tours and Rentals in Southern Africa.
- Koo Zip Slide – Zip slide adventure right here in the Koo valley.
- Montagu & Ashton Tourism Bureau – Our local Tourism Association.
- Peakware – World Mountain Encyclopedia.
- Rafting Route 62 – River Rafting day trips on the Breede near Robertson.
- Kogman & Keisie Guest Farm – Permaculture & Heirloom B&B outskirts of Montagu.
- La Ferme En Coton – Organic Chicken, Pork & Educational farm with accommodation in the South of France.
- Langdam Guest Farm – Wedding venue @ the Eastern end of the Gecko Trail.
- Numbi Valley – Permaculture Farm & most beautiful place to stay near De Rust.
- Nuy Valley Guesthouse – Wine & dine @ the Western end of the Gecko Trail.
- Penhill Manor – Luxury @ the Southern end of the Gecko Trail.
- Robertson Backpackers – The one and only Backpacker lodge in Robertson.
- The Place – A beautiful artists’ retreat near Ladismith in the Klein Karoo.
- Gecko Trail – Our adventurous hiking trail: Wild stuff!
- Geocaching – The official global GPS cache hunt site – This is FUN!!
- Leave No Trace – Out Door Ethics.
- Open Street Map – The Free Wiki World Map.
- Slingsby’s Maps – Maps for Africa made in Africa – And Simonskloof? We were the only spot Peter had not mapped until his 2017 edition: Day Drives from Cape Town!
- MCSA – Mountain Club of South Africa – Cape Town section.
- Rim of Africa – 650km long mountain traverse along the length of the Cape Fold Mountains. It’s Africa’s toughest and most awesome “hike”.
- MDT – South African Mountaineering Development & Training Trust.
…and The odd ones:
- The South African Archaeological Society – Only time will tell… 😉
- YR – Weather Forecast – Weather forecast for Simonskloof.
If you are interested in getting listed, drop us a line with the link to Simonskloof on your website – NO “Cheap Hotels in Amsterdam” nor “Best Bangkok Car Rentals” sorry!